This is my first ever attempt at the Trifecta Writing Challenge. I bet you can tell what I was inspired by. =P
1: having good luck
2: happening by chance : fortuitous
3: producing or resulting in good by chance : favorable
- Your response must be between 33 and 333 words.
- You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
- The word itself needs to be included in your response.
- You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
- Only one entry per writer.
- If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
- Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
“I’ve never done this before,” she thought aloud, a headache growing behind her eyes. The sun was too bright and the room too cold. “I wouldn’t even know where to begin.”
The girl rested her forehead on her hands, her elbows propped up awkwardly around the keyboard. Thinking was getting difficult. That damn sunlight, she thought. Clenching and relaxing her hands, she struggled to free her fingers from the chill. Perhaps if her body was ready to write, her mind would follow. She shivered, than began to type; her pale, slender fingers somehow finding words. She closed her eyes. The gentle tapping and clicking sounds of the keyboard soothed her. If only a steaming cup would appear on the coffee-stained coaster.
She opened her eyes and let out a slow sigh. Blinking in the bright light, she looked up at the screen to see what she had written.
“Oh,” she said, a smile creeping across her face, “that was lucky.”